Banana Split Chimichangas
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 banana, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 to 3 cups vegetable oil
- confectioners' sugar
- Combine chocolate, butter and cream in the top of a double boiler over simmering,
not boiling water. Stir occasionally until all ingredients re melted and well combined.
Set aside and allow to cool.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium high heat. Do not grease. Place tortillas
over heat to soften enough to become pliable. Remove from heat and arrange 1 piece
of banana, about 1/4 cup cooled chocolate mixture, 2 tablespoons nuts and 2 tablespoons
ice cream off center on each tortilla. Brush inside edges of tortillas with beaten
egg. Fold top edge of tortilla about a quarter of the way over filling. Repeat with
bottom edge. Starting with the unfolded edge closest to the filling, roll into a
shape like an egg roll. Freeze for several hours or overnight. Keep frozen until
ready to serve.
- Just before serving, heat oil in a skillet or deep fryer to 400 degrees F. Place tortilla
rolls in hot oil until golden brown on all sides, about 3 minutes. Dust with confectioners'
sugar and serve immediately.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.