Cajeta (Caramel) Crepes
- 3 Mission Flour Tortillas
- 1 2/3 cups caramel (Mexican cajeta or dulce de leche)
- 4 tablespoons rum
- 1 1/3 cups shredded, toasted coconut
- 4 cups (1 quart) coffee ice cream
- In a frying pan, melt the caramel or Mexican cajeta or dulce de
leche, and add the rum. Let boil for 5 minutes.
- Dip the tortillas (one at a time) to cover in the caramel. Place
two tortillas, folded into four parts, on each plate, and add a
scoop of coffee ice cream. Sprinkle with shredded coconut.
Source: Mission Foods
Other Southwestern dessert recipes you may like...
Caramel Apple Empanadas
Fried Custard Squares
Cafe Latte Gelatin with Cinnamon Cream
Peaches 'n' Cream Quesadillas