- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- Grated rind of 2 oranges
- 6 (12 inch) flour tortillas
- Slivered almonds
- Confectioners' sugar
- Reserve one cup cherry pie filling for topping. Mix remaining pie
filling with grated orange rind. Spoon onto centers of tortillas.
Sprinkle a few almonds over pie filling. Fold in opposite sides
of each tortilla and roll up, covering pie filling.
- In a large skillet heat one inch of oil over medium-high heat. Fry
chimichangas, two at a time, seam-side down, until golden brown.
Drain on paper towels.
- Sift confectioners' sugar over each chimichanga and top with
remaining cherry pie filling and almonds before serving.
Other Southwestern dessert recipes you may like...
Caramel Apple Empanadas
Fried Custard Squares
Cafe Latte Gelatin with Cinnamon Cream
Peaches 'n' Cream Quesadillas