- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- Grated rind of 2 oranges
- 6 (12 inch) flour tortillas
- Slivered almonds
- Confectioners' sugar
- Reserve one cup cherry pie filling for topping. Mix remaining pie
filling with grated orange rind. Spoon onto centers of tortillas.
Sprinkle a few almonds over pie filling. Fold in opposite sides
of each tortilla and roll up, covering pie filling.
- In a large skillet heat one inch of oil over medium-high heat. Fry
chimichangas, two at a time, seam-side down, until golden brown.
Drain on paper towels.
- Sift confectioners' sugar over each chimichanga and top with
remaining cherry pie filling and almonds before serving.