As far as I'm concerned, this is the comfort dessert of Southwestern cooking. It is so delicious that you will want to make it often.
- 1 box chocolate fudge cake mix
- Cajeta (Mexican caramel sauce)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Pecans (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix cake batter according to package directions, adding 1 more egg than
called for. Mix well.
- Spray a Bundt pan with baking spray or grease with butter. Drizzle
cajeta on bottom of pan. Carefully add the cake batter.
- Put cream cheese, eggs, milks and vanilla extract in a blender and blend
well. Pour mixture over the batter in the pan.
- Set pan in a water bath. You can use a rectangular Pyrex pan filled
almost halfway with water.
- Cover with foil (spray foil to prevent cake from sticking) since the
cake will switch places with the flan once baked.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until firm or until a wooden pick inserted comes
- Let cool in pan for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Flip onto a platter and drizzle with more cajeta.
- Chill for 1 hour or overnight.
- Pecans can be sprinkled on top as garnish, if desired.
Prep: 15 min | Cook: 90 min