Chocolate Coconut Filled Tortilla Turnovers
- 10 Mission Fajita Size Flour Tortillas
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut, shredded
- 1 egg beaten with 2 teaspoons water
- Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- Melt the chocolate in a Pyrex cup over simmering water or in the
microwave (microwave chocolate at 50% power for 2 minutes. Stir.
If not melted, microwave for 1 minute more at 50% power). Mix in
a bowl with the walnuts and the coconut.
- Place 1/4 cup mixture in the center of a tortilla, spreading slightly
into a circle. Moisten the edges of the tortillas with the egg wash
and fold each one over into a half-moon, pressing around the edge.
- Heat 1 inch vegetable oil in an 8-inch skillet and fry each turnover
until golden on both sides. Remove with a slotted spatula and drain
on absorbent paper.
- Put confectioners' sugar in a sieve. When the turnovers are
cool enough to touch, sprinkle with the sugar.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 10 servings
Source: Mission Foods