If you love the churro sticks, you are going to love these little churro
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar or 1/4 cup sugar plus 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat the oven to 440 degrees F/225 degrees C. Turn a standard-size muffin
tin or a mini muffin tin upside down with the open holes facing down and the
cups facing up. Lightly grease cups and the area around the cups thoroughly with
butter. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium-size saucepan. Add the water, sugar, vanilla
extract and salt; bring to a simmer for 5 minutes while mixing occasionally.
- Add the flour, stirring with a large wooden spoon until well blended and
forms a ball.
- Take off heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes, or until just warm to the
- Add one egg, quickly beating until completely incorporated (it will look
like it's not coming together, but keep beating).
- Add the second egg and repeat the process until a dough forms.
- Scoop dough into a strong double lined pastry bag with a large open star
tip nozzle. Starting from the bottom, pipe the dough around every second cup
to form bowls (leave one empty cup between each bowl to allow the churro
pastry to expand). Lightly press each layer together to close up any gaps.
- Spray each bowl lightly with cooking oil spray for CRISPY CHURROS! Don't
skip this part.
- For the standard bowls made in standard-size muffin tins: Bake for 35-40
minutes or until golden and crispy to the touch.
- For the mini bowls made in mini muffin tins: Bake for 35 minutes or
until golden and crispy to the touch. Allow to cool slightly before
- Fill a shallow bowl with cinnamon sugar; coat each bowl evenly (they may
need a light spray of oil to allow the sugar to stick) and serve with ice
cream, fruit salad, , rice pudding, dessert sauces, or whatever else you
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.