- 1 (7 ounce) can coconut
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sliced unblanched almonds
- Place 1 cup of the milk, the sugar and cinnamon over moderate heat
in a large pan. When it begins to boil, add coconut; stir until
coconut looks transparent. Add the yolks beaten with the remaining
milk, and stir constantly until a wide swath appears on the bottom
of the pan every time you move the spoon through the mixture.
- Butter a large platter. Empty the mixture onto it. Sprinkle with
the almonds, then cool.
- Serve either warm or cold.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.