- 1 (7 ounce) can coconut
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sliced unblanched almonds
- Place 1 cup of the milk, the sugar and cinnamon over moderate heat
in a large pan. When it begins to boil, add coconut; stir until
coconut looks transparent. Add the yolks beaten with the remaining
milk, and stir constantly until a wide swath appears on the bottom
of the pan every time you move the spoon through the mixture.
- Butter a large platter. Empty the mixture onto it. Sprinkle with
the almonds, then cool.
- Serve either warm or cold.
Other Southwestern dessert recipes you may like...
Caramel Apple Empanadas
Fried Custard Squares
Cafe Latte Gelatin with Cinnamon Cream
Peaches 'n' Cream Quesadillas