Corn and Honey Pastel Ice
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup honey
- Place the corn and oil in a saucepan and cook over medium heat 4
minutes, stirring constantly to prevent the corn from browning.
- Transfer the corn to a blender and add the water and honey. Blend
until very smooth. Return the mixture to the saucepan and bring
it to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring frequently,
about 15 minutes, until it has a thick, porridge-like consistency.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours or place in an ice cream maker and follow
the manufacturer's directions.
You can achieve pastel colors by using dried red or blue corn.
You can use fresh white corn and add 2 tablespoons blue cornmeal
to the saucepan for a blue ice, or a few fresh raspberries or strawberries