Dulce de Leche Rice Pudding
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk, divided
- 1/3 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup dulce de leche
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Mix together 2 cups of the milk, the rice and the cinnamon stick in a medium
saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer over medium-low heat until the rice is tender,
40 to 45 minutes.
- Discard the cinnamon stick and set the pan aside.
- Whisk the remaining 1/2 cup milk with the egg yolks in a large bowl. Add a little
of the rice mixture at a time, whisking constantly. When all the rice has been added,
return the pudding to the pan and cook over low heat, stirring, until the temperature
of the pudding reaches 160 degrees F, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the dulce de leche and vanilla extract. Stir
until incorporated. Pour the pudding into a bowl, cover and refrigerate until cold,
at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve cold, sprinkled with almonds.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.