Frontier Bread Pudding
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 to 4 cups milk
- 3 cups stale bread, cubed
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Dissolve sugar in 3 cups milk. Soak
bread cubes for 30 minutes in milk to moisten thoroughly.
- Mix eggs, nutmeg, melted butter and vanilla extract. Pour all into
a large 9-inch bread pan or baking dish. Sprinkle top with extra
granulated sugar and nutmeg.
- Bake about 1 hour in a pan of water.
- Chill bread pudding and serve sitting on a bed of warm cream.
Add 1/2 cup raisins with the soaking bread.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.