Frontier Bread Pudding
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 to 4 cups milk
- 3 cups stale bread, cubed
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Dissolve sugar in 3 cups milk. Soak
bread cubes for 30 minutes in milk to moisten thoroughly.
- Mix eggs, nutmeg, melted butter and vanilla extract. Pour all into
a large 9-inch bread pan or baking dish. Sprinkle top with extra
granulated sugar and nutmeg.
- Bake about 1 hour in a pan of water.
- Chill bread pudding and serve sitting on a bed of warm cream.
Add 1/2 cup raisins with the soaking bread.