Guava-Cream Cheese Pastries
You can omit the cream cheese, if you like, but that is what makes these Guava-Cream Cheese Pastries extra special.
- 1 package puff pastry dough
- 1 package guava paste
- 8 ounces cream cheese (optional)
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons cane sugar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Thaw puff pastry according to package directions.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and unfold one of the pastry
sheets and place on pan.
- Slice guava into 1/4 inch slices and place evenly on the pastry sheet.
- Spread cream cheese over guava paste slices, if desired.
- Top with second puff pastry sheet and cut into desired pastry size with
a cookie cutter.
- Beat egg whites in a small bowl and brush over the top of the pastries.
Sprinkle with cane sugar.
- You can bake these as they are and pull them apart when they are done.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool and serve.
You can make these any shape desired...round, square or triangle.
Photo credit: The Marmot on Visualhunt / CC BY