Hot Chocolate Churro Bites
Make a chocolate churro dessert by frying tiny mounds of dough flavored with
cocoa and cinnamon and then rolling in hot cocoa mix and sugar.
- 3 cups Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 1 (0.73 ounce) envelope Swiss Miss® Milk
Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1 3/4 cups
original baking mix
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat to 375 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, place cocoa mix and 2 tablespoons sugar in shallow dish; set
- Combine remaining 1 tablespoon sugar, baking mix, cocoa powder and cinnamon
in medium bowl; stir in hot water until dough forms.
- Scoop some dough with small cookie scoop (#100, 3/8 oz) and carefully drop
into hot oil. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until browned, turning carefully. Remove
from skillet; drain on paper towels. Roll bites in sugar mixture until coated.
Repeat with remaining dough.
Yield: 36 servings
Total time: 30 min.
'Original baking mix' is a pre-mixed, multi-purpose baking mix, commonly
with sugar, salt, butter or oil and leavening agents added. You can prepare
your own at home, from common pantry staples, or for your convenience purchase
in the baking aisle of your local grocery store (near the flour).
Nutrition Information: Calories: 389
Reprinted with permission from
Conagra Brands, Inc.