- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Juice and rind of 2 lemons
- 2 egg yolks (save whites)
- 1 cup milk
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and
add to the mixture.
- Bake in a buttered 8-inch square pan set in
a pan of water at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold. Serve topped with whipped cream, if desired.
Other Southwestern dessert recipes you may like...
Caramel Apple Empanadas
Fried Custard Squares
Cafe Latte Gelatin with Cinnamon Cream
Peaches 'n' Cream Quesadillas