Mexican Chocolate Mousse
(Dulce de Chocolate)
- 6 to 6 1/2 ounces Mexican chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons golden rum, if desired
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sliced almonds
- Combine chocolate and 3 tablespoons cream in top of double boiler; heat over simmering
water, stirring occasionally, until smooth.
- Gradually stir in rum;
remove from water. Let stand at room temperature to cool slightly,
- Combine remaining cream and vanilla extract in
chilled small mixer bowl; beat until stiff.
- Gently fold whipped
cream into cooled chocolate mixture until uniform in color.
mousse into 4 individual dessert dishes; refrigerate until firm,
2 to 3 hours.
- Garnish with almonds.