- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Assorted fruit toppings (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In heavy saucepan, combine 1/2 cup sugar and water. Bring to a boil,
stirring until sugar is dissolved. Boil until mixture becomes a
light caramel color, about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
into greased 6 cup ring mold and quickly rotate mold so syrup coats
the bottom evenly.
- In medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar, eggs, milk and spices; mix
well. Pour egg mixture into mold.
- Place mold in roasting pan filled with water 1 inch deep.
uncovered at 350 degrees F for 55 minutes or until wooden pick comes
- Cool to room temperature.
- Loosen edge of custard with
spatula and invert onto serving dish.
- Spoon any remaining caramel
on top of custard; garnish with fruit if desired.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 8/21/2001 4:02 pm.
Other Southwestern dessert recipes you may like...
Caramel Apple Empanadas
Fried Custard Squares
Cafe Latte Gelatin with Cinnamon Cream
Peaches 'n' Cream Quesadillas