- 2 papayas
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Remove the seeds and skins from the papayas and dice them.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and mix well.
until very smooth. Pour into a refrigerator tray or shallow pan
and freeze until sherbet has the consistency of mush.
- Remove from freezer and stir vigorously.
- Refreeze until mush again; repeat stirring. Return to freezer until
ready to serve.