Pumpkin Flan with Gingersnap Crust
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup LIBBY'S®
100% Pure Pumpkin
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup gingersnap cookie crumbs (about 24 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place sugar in small, heavy-duty saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently,
for 10 minutes or until melted and caramel in color. Quickly pour into 9- or 10-inch
deep-dish pie plate; swirl around bottom and side to coat.
- Place sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, pumpkin and eggs in blender;
cover. Blend until smooth. Pour over caramel (pie plate will be very full). Place
pie plate in large roasting pan; fill pan with water to 3/4-inch depth. Carefully
place in oven.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out almost
clean. Remove flan from water; place on wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine gingersnap crumbs and butter in medium bowl; pack mixture onto cooled
flan (the gingersnap mixture should not be made in advance). Refrigerate for several
hours or overnight.
- To serve, run knife around edge of dish. Invert serving plate over dish. Turn
over; shake gently to release.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Reprinted with permission from
Nestlé® and meals.com.