- 3 cups sliced California Strawberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup amaretto
(almond flavored liqueur)
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/2 cup frozen reduced-calorie
whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 (7-inch) flour tortillas, cut into 8 wedges
- Butter-flavored vegetable
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon-sugar
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons shaved semi-sweet chocolate
- Combine strawberries, 1/3-cup sugar and amaretto in a bowl; stir well. Cover
and chill for 30 minutes.
- Drain, reserving juice for another use.
- Combine sour cream, whipped topping, 2 tablespoons sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl;
stir well. Cover and chill.
- Arrange tortilla wedges on 2 baking sheets; lightly coat with cooking spray.
Sprinkle evenly with cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 7 minutes or until crisp. Cool on wire rack.
- To serve, arrange 8 tortilla wedges on a serving plate; top with about 1/3 cup
strawberry mixture and 2 1/2 tablespoons sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with almonds
Yield: 6 servings
Submitted by: Roz Kelmig, Guymon, Oklahoma
Reprinted with permission from
the California Strawberry Commission.