- 3 cups beef prepared in the dried style of
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 8 thin 8- to 10-inch flour tortillas
- 3 cups Chile Colorado, warmed
- 3 ounces Monterey jack cheese, grated
- 3 ounces mild Cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the beef with the onion. With tongs, dip a tortilla
in the chile sauce to lightly coat it. Lay the tortilla on a plate,
sprinkle about 6 tablespoons of the beef mixture down the center
of it, and roll it up snugly. Transfer the enchilada to the baking
dish. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling. Top the enchiladas
with the remaining chile sauce and sprinkle the cheese over the
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the enchiladas are heated
through and the sauce and cheese are bubbly.
- With a large spatula, serve 2 enchiladas per person.
>> Southwestern Enchilada Recipes