Black Bean and Cheese Enchiladas
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can Progresso® black beans, drained, rinsed
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas, heated
- 8 ounces (2 cups) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can Old El Paso® Enchilada Sauce
- 2 ounces (1/2 cup) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray 12 x 8-inch (2-quart) baking dish with
nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onion and cumin; cook
and stir until onion is tender. Stir in beans.
- Place about 3 tablespoons bean mixture in center of each warm tortilla. Top each
with 1/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese. Roll up tightly; place, seam side down, in sprayed
baking dish. Spoon enchilada sauce over tortillas. Cover tightly with sprayed foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from oven; uncover dish. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese.
- If desired, serve enchiladas with salsa.
Yield: 4 servings | Prep: 25 Min
Recipe and photo used with permission from: