Eggplant and Almond Enchiladas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup minced onion
- 6 cups diced eggplant
- 1 teaspoon salt (or more, to taste)
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 medium-size bell pepper (any color), minced
- 1 cup minced almonds, lightly toasted
- 1 cup grated mozzarella or jack cheese
- 12 corn tortillas
- Mexican Red Chili Sauce
- Heat the olive oil in a deep skillet or Dutch oven. Add onion, and
sauté for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add eggplant, salt, and pepper, and mix well. Cover and cook for
about 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until
the eggplant is soft.
- Add garlic and bell pepper. Stir and cook 5 minutes longer, or until
the pepper is tender. Taste to correct salt.
- Remove from heat; stir in almonds and cheese.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Moisten each tortilla briefly in water then place approximately
1/4 cup filling on one side and roll up. Gently place the filled
enchiladas in a baking pan, and pour a full recipe of Mexican Red
Sauce over the top. Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes, or until
- Serve hot, with beans, rice, and green salad.
The Mexican Red Chili Sauce can be made ahead of time.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Southwestern Enchilada Recipes