Eggplant and Almond Enchiladas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup minced onion
- 6 cups diced eggplant
- 1 teaspoon salt (or more, to taste)
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 medium-size bell pepper (any color), minced
- 1 cup minced almonds, lightly toasted
- 1 cup grated mozzarella or jack cheese
- 12 corn tortillas
- Mexican Red Chili Sauce
- Heat the olive oil in a deep skillet or Dutch oven. Add onion, and
sauté for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add eggplant, salt, and pepper, and mix well. Cover and cook for
about 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until
the eggplant is soft.
- Add garlic and bell pepper. Stir and cook 5 minutes longer, or until
the pepper is tender. Taste to correct salt.
- Remove from heat; stir in almonds and cheese.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Moisten each tortilla briefly in water then place approximately
1/4 cup filling on one side and roll up. Gently place the filled
enchiladas in a baking pan, and pour a full recipe of Mexican Red
Sauce over the top. Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes, or until
- Serve hot, with beans, rice, and green salad.
The Mexican Red Chili Sauce can be made ahead of time.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.