Elegant Enchiladas Blancas
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sliced green
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground cumin and salt
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced
ripe black olives, drained
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rosarita
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- In large bowl, combine chicken 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, green chiles,
sour cream, green onions, cumin and salt. Add black olives, reserving 1 1/2 tablespoons
for garnish; mix well.
- Place about 1/3 cup chicken mixture down the center of each
tortilla. Roll to enclose filling; place enchiladas seam side down, into two lightly
greased 9-inch square baking dishes.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas, dividing evenly between two pans.
- Bake, covered,
at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle remaining Monterey jack cheese and Cheddar cheese over enchiladas.
uncovered, for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Garnish with remaining black olives.
Makes 8 enchiladas.
Posted by CookinMom at Recipe Goldmine April 27, 2001.
Other Southwestern enchilada recipes you may like...
Chicken and Sour Cream Enchiladas
Lazy Pork Enchiladas with Red Sauce
San Antonio River Walk Enchiladas
Tex Mex Truckstop Enchiladas