Enchiladas, Sonora Style
- 2 pounds masa
- 1 pound grated longhorn cheese
- 4 tablespoons shortening
- 2 medium-size onions, chopped
- 1 small can chopped olives
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Mix masa with egg, salt and 1/4 pound of grated cheese, until well
blended. Make into balls the size of large walnuts. Set ball between
two wax papers and press into patties.
- Fry in deep shortening, then dip
into basic red chile sauce. Place in pan and sprinkle with chopped
onions, vinegar, chopped olives and grated cheese. Heat until cheese
- Garnish with shredded lettuce.
- Serve immediately.
Other Southwestern enchilada recipes you may like...
Chicken and Sour Cream Enchiladas
Lazy Pork Enchiladas with Red Sauce
San Antonio River Walk Enchiladas
Tex Mex Truckstop Enchiladas