Enchiladas Verdes de Mariscos
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, minced
- 2 Anaheim chile peppers, finely chopped
- 12 ounces tomatillos, pureed
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups cooked shrimp
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese, grated
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over moderate heat. Add garlic, green onions, and
chiles and cook until vegetables are soft but not browned. Stir in the tomatillo
puree and cook mixture 10 minutes over low heat, adding a little water if the sauce
starts to dry out. Add salt to taste.
- Combine cilantro and shellfish in a bowl; stir in a small amount of the sauce.
Moisten bottom of a shallow 9 x 13-inch baking dish with about 1/4 cup of the sauce.
- Dip a tortilla into the simmering sauce until soft and pliable, about 30 seconds;
transfer to prepared baking dish. Place 1/4 cup of the seafood across the center
of tortilla and roll it into a cylinder. Repeat with remaining tortillas, fitting
them snugly side by side. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas, top each one with
a spoonful of sour cream, and sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve with the sauce from the baking pan.
Posted by Darlene at Recipe Goldmine 2/8/2002 12:34 pm.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.