Green Chile and Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 chicken
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 2 cups broth
- 1 can mushroom or cream of chicken soup
- 1 can milk (canned or whole)
- 6 long medium hot green chiles, roasted and peeled
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds Colby cheese
- 18 corn tortillas
- Boil chicken (season with salt, pepper and onion flakes) until tender.
Cut into small pieces, save the broth; need at least 2 cups.
- In a skillet, brown onion slowly. Add cloves garlic and sauté ;
- Mix remaining ingredients except for cheese and tortillas. Add chopped
chicken, onion and garlic. Rinse out skillet in which onion was
cooked with a little of the broth. Let simmer 10 minutes.
- Grate Colby cheese. Fry tortillas until soft (this only takes a
- Layer the following in a 9 x 13-inch cake pan; start with a small
amount of chicken mixture. Use 6 tortillas in each layer. Use chicken
mixture and cheese between layers. Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Southwestern Enchilada Recipes