Green Chile and Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 chicken
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 2 cups broth
- 1 can mushroom or cream of chicken soup
- 1 can milk (canned or whole)
- 6 long medium hot green chiles, roasted and peeled
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds Colby cheese
- 18 corn tortillas
- Boil chicken (season with salt, pepper and onion flakes) until tender.
Cut into small pieces, save the broth; need at least 2 cups.
- In a skillet, brown onion slowly. Add cloves garlic and sauté ;
- Mix remaining ingredients except for cheese and tortillas. Add chopped
chicken, onion and garlic. Rinse out skillet in which onion was
cooked with a little of the broth. Let simmer 10 minutes.
- Grate Colby cheese. Fry tortillas until soft (this only takes a
- Layer the following in a 9 x 13-inch cake pan; start with a small
amount of chicken mixture. Use 6 tortillas in each layer. Use chicken
mixture and cheese between layers. Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350
degrees F for about 30 minutes.
Other Southwestern enchilada recipes you may like...
Chicken and Sour Cream Enchiladas
Lazy Pork Enchiladas with Red Sauce
San Antonio River Walk Enchiladas
Tex Mex Truckstop Enchiladas