- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons fat or drippings
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chill powder
- 1 (20 ounce) can tomatoes, drained (save juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 or 3 cups grated sharp yellow cheese
- 1 or 2 cup grated or chopped fresh onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Corn tortillas
- Make the sauce by browning onion in fat or drippings. Then stir
in flour, then garlic, chili powder, drained tomatoes, salt, Tabasco
sauce and about half of the tomato juice. Simmer until about like
gravy or tomato sauce.
- Make filling by combining cheese, onion and salt.
- Dip each tortilla into melted fat, then into sauce. Place a large
spoonful of tortilla filling on each tortilla and roll up. Arrange
in, serving dish or baking dish. Cover with remaining sauce and
sprinkle with remaining filling.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.
>> SOUTHWESTERN RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.