- 2 (4 ounce) cans whole green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken or turkey
- 2 cups sour cream
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese (2 cups)
- 12 to 16 corn tortillas
- Rinse seeds from chiles and chop. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in medium
saucepan. Add chiles and garlic; saute.
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 1/2 cup liquid. Break up tomatoes. Add
tomatoes, onions, salt, oregano and reserved 1/2 cup tomato liquid
to sauté ed chiles and garlic. Simmer uncovered, about 30 minutes,
or until thick. Set aside.
- Mix meat with sour cream and cheese.
- Heating remaining 1/2 cup oil in medium skillet. Fry tortillas until
- Divided meat mixture into 12 to 16 portions. Spoon a portion of
meat onto each tortilla; roll up. Place enchiladas, seam-side down,
in an ungreased oblong baking dish. Pour reserved chile mixture
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 20 minutes, or until
Yield: 12 to 16 servings
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine May 18, 2001.