- 2 (4 ounce) cans whole green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken or turkey
- 2 cups sour cream
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese (2 cups)
- 12 to 16 corn tortillas
- Rinse seeds from chiles and chop. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in medium
saucepan. Add chiles and garlic; saute.
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 1/2 cup liquid. Break up tomatoes. Add
tomatoes, onions, salt, oregano and reserved 1/2 cup tomato liquid
to sauté ed chiles and garlic. Simmer uncovered, about 30 minutes,
or until thick. Set aside.
- Mix meat with sour cream and cheese.
- Heat remaining 1/2 cup oil in medium skillet. Fry tortillas until
- Divided meat mixture into 12 to 16 portions. Spoon a portion of
meat onto each tortilla; roll up. Place enchiladas, seam-side down,
in an ungreased oblong baking dish. Pour reserved chile mixture
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 20 minutes, or until
Yield: 12 to 16 servings
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine May 18, 2001.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.