Skinny Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 12 ounces green enchilada sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice, (about 2 limes)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 medium whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups Mexican cheese,
- 3/4 cup 1% milk
- 4 tablespoons cilantro
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 9 x 13-inch baking dish, pour a few ounces of enchilada sauce to slightly
cover the bottom of your dish. Set aside.
- Whisk together the honey, lime juice, chili powder and garlic powder. Pour this
marinade over the shredded chicken and stir so all chicken gets covered in marinade.
Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Place chicken into middle of tortilla and top with cheese. Roll tightly and place
into baking dish. Repeat. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Coat the enchiladas
with the leftover marinade using a pastry brush.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until tortillas are slightly brown.
- While enchiladas are in the oven, make the enchilada sour cream sauce by placing
the milk, remaining enchilada sauce, 2 tablespoons cilantro, and 2 tablespoons sour
cream in a small saucepan on medium heat. Stir frequently until thoroughly heated.
- Drizzle the enchilada sour cream sauce as desired onto enchiladas which can also
be topped with leftover sour cream and cilantro.
Yield: 8 servings, 2 enchiladas each
Reprinted with permission from
the National Honey Board - nhb.org.