Skinny Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 12 ounces green enchilada sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice, (about 2 limes)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 medium whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups Mexican cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup 1% milk
- 4 tablespoons cilantro
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, pour a few ounces of enchilada sauce to slightly cover the bottom of your dish. Set aside.
- Whisk together the honey, lime juice, chili powder and garlic powder. Pour this marinade over the shredded chicken and stir so all chicken gets covered in marinade. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Place chicken into middle of tortilla and top with cheese. Roll tightly and place into baking dish. Repeat. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Coat the enchiladas with the leftover marinade using a pastry brush.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until tortillas are slightly brown.
- While enchiladas are in the oven, make the enchilada sour cream sauce by placing the milk, remaining enchilada sauce, 2 tablespoons cilantro, and 2 tablespoons sour cream in a small saucepan on medium heat. Stir frequently until thoroughly heated.
- Drizzle the enchilada sour cream sauce as desired onto enchiladas which can also be topped with leftover sour cream and cilantro.
Yield: 8 servings, 2 enchiladas each
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
National Honey Board
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.