Smoky Beef Enchilada Skillet
Well, isn't this easy! All the great taste of enchiladas in a skillet meal. Just add a tossed salad.
- 1 (17 ounce) package refrigerated fully-cooked beef tips with gravy
- 12 small corn tortillas (6 to 7 inch diameter), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 to 4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- Combine beef tips with gravy, tortillas, 1 1/2 cups cheese, enchilada sauce, chiles, onion, chipotle pepper and salt in large nonstick skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until tortilla pieces are softened and flavors are blended, stirring once.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Nutrition information per serving (1/4 of recipe): 579 calories; 26 g fat (15 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 111 mg cholesterol; 2114 mg sodium; 52 g carbohydrate; 8.8 g fiber; 35 g protein; 5.3 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 3.8 mcg vitamin B12; 3.0 mg iron; 17.2 mcg selenium; 5.1 mg zinc
Nutrition information per serving (1/6 of recipe): 387 calories; 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat; 2 g monounsaturated fat); 74 mg cholesterol; 1409 mg sodium; 34 g carbohydrate; 5.9 g fiber; 24 g protein; 3.5 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 2.5 mcg vitamin B12; 2.0 mg iron; 11.5 mcg selenium; 3.4 mg zinc
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Texas Beef Council
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.