Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
- 3 1/2 cups sour cream
- 3 (5 ounce) cans boned chicken, cut up (about 2 cups)
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chiles, drained
- 1/3 cup onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Vegetable oil
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1/3 pound Cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a 13 x 9-inch baking pan, spread I cup sour cream.
- In 2-quart saucepan with fork, flake chicken; add 1/2 cup sour cream,
mushrooms and next 6 ingredients. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally,
just until heated through.
- In an 8-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in about 1/2 inch hot
oil, fry 1 tortilla, a few seconds on each side, until it softens.
- For an enchilada, spread 1/4 cup chicken mixture along center of
tortilla; fold sides over filling and place, seam side down, in
sour cream in pan. Repeat.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spread enchiladas with remaining sour cream, then sprinkle with
- Bake for 8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Yield: 6 servings