Sour Cream Enchiladas
- 1 pint (2 cups) cottage cheese
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 pint (2 cups) sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chili salsa
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 pound Monterey jack cheese, cut into finger-size strips
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 3/4 cup scallions, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl blend and beat until smooth the cottage cheese,
cream cheese, sour cream, garlic, salt and chili salsa.
- In a heavy 8- to 10-inch skillet heat oil over moderate heat until
well heated, about 1 minute. Holding tortillas with tongs, dip into
the hot oil for a few seconds on each side until limp. Drain tortillas
on paper towel.
- Place 1 strip Monterey jack cheese in center of each tortilla, add
1 to 2 teaspoons diced green chili and 1 large tablespoon cream
mixture. Roll tortillas and place seam side down in a 13 x 9-inch
baking dish. Cover with remaining cream mixture and chopped scallions.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.