Chicken Fajitas with Cowpoke Barbecue Sauce
- 1 cup Cowpoke Barbecue Sauce, divided
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut lengthwise into 1 x 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 green or red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 2 cups tomato wedges
- 4 (6-inch) warm flour tortillas
Cowpoke Barbecue Sauce
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- Prepare Cowpoke Barbecue Sauce.
- Fajitas: Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high
heat until hot. Brush chicken with 1/4 cup barbecue sauce. Add to
skillet. Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until chicken is browned. Add
peppers and onion. Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until vegetables are
crisp-tender and chicken is no longer pink. Add tomatoes. Cook for 2
minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with warm flour tortillas and remaining 3/4 cup Cowpoke Barbecue
Sauce. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
- Cowpoke Barbecue Sauce: Heat oil in large nonstick saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add
onions and garlic. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 15 minutes,
Makes 4 servings; 2 cups sauce
Nutrients per serving: Calories 310; % calories from fat 18%;
Total Fat 6 g; Sat. Fat 1 g; Protein 20 g; Carbohydrates 47 g; Cholesterol
36 mg; Sodium 736 mg; Dietary Fiber 4 g
Dietary exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 2 Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Southwestern Fajita Recipes