- 2 pounds skirt steaks, cut into large pieces
- 1/4 cup Mexican lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Mix lime juice, garlic, paprika, peppers, salt, oil, soy sauce and Worcestershire
sauce. Put fajitas into marinade and let stand for about 3 hours. Remove meat from
marinade and cook about 5 inches above hot coals and mesquite.
- Slice meat into bite-size strips. Put the meat into a bowl with about 2 cups
lime juice. Heat a cast iron skillet until it is very hot. Empty the contents of
the bowl, sliced meat and lime juice, into the hot skillet and remove it from the
heat. Take it to the table in the skillet. Serve in hot flour tortillas. Top with
pico de gallo, guacamole and hot sauce.
- To serve the Fajitas encebollada, or covered with onions, cook 2 sliced onions
in 3 tablespoons of oil with a little garlic and about 3 whole serrano chiles until
the onions are well browned.