Grilled Vegetable Fajitas
- 1 medium eggplant, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 medium sweet red bell pepper, cut into wedges
- 6 scallions
- 1/3 cup Southwestern Butter Baste
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 8 small lettuce leaves
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese with hot peppers
- Lightly brush rack of outdoor grill or broiler pan with vegetable
oil. Heat grill or broiler. Place batches of vegetables on rack
3 to 4 inches from heat; cook until nearly crisp-tender, about
3 minutes. Turn and brush with Southwestern Butter Baste. Cook
until crisp-tender, and place on a large cutting board; repeat
with remaining vegetables. Slice vegetables into bite-size pieces;
place in a serving bowl. Drizzle with any remaining Southwestern
Butter Baste; toss to coat.
- For each serving: Heat flour tortillas according to package
directions. Place two tortillas on an individual serving plate;
top each with one lettuce leaf. Place 3/4 cup vegetables and
1/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese down the center of each tortilla.
Fold flour tortillas toward center; repeat.
- Southwestern Butter Baste: In a small saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter. Add 2 tablespoons
chopped cilantro, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt and
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper. Cook and stir over low heat
for about 2 minutes to blend flavors.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons lime juice; remove from heat.
Yield: 4 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.