You'll want to start this four days before serving!
- 1 (1 1/2 pound) round steak, fat trimmed
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onions, tops and bottoms
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 8 to 10 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- Slice partially frozen round steak into thin, long strips. Marinate for 2 hours
in a flat dish with mixture of tequila and lime juice.
- Mix cooking oil, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, salt and paprika
and marinate meat, covered, in refrigerator for four days.
- Heat a heavy cast iron skillet over medium high heat; drizzle marinade into the
skillet. When hot, add steak strips, stirring occasionally. Three or four minutes
before meat reaches desired doneness, stir in onion and green pepper.
- When done, ladle onto hot plates, and top with chopped tomato.
- Serve with warmed flour tortillas.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.