You'll want to start this four days before serving!
- 1 (1 1/2 pound) round steak, fat trimmed
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onions, tops and bottoms
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 8 to 10 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- Slice partially frozen round steak into thin, long strips. Marinate for 2 hours
in a flat dish with mixture of tequila and lime juice.
- Mix cooking oil, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, salt and paprika
and marinate meat, covered, in refrigerator for four days.
- Heat a heavy cast iron skillet over medium high heat; drizzle marinade into the
skillet. When hot, add steak strips, stirring occasionally. Three or four minutes
before meat reaches desired doneness, stir in onion and green pepper.
- When done, ladle onto hot plates, and top with chopped tomato.
- Serve with warmed flour tortillas.