Pan Grilled Portobella Fajitas
- 1 pound fresh white mushrooms, cut in 1/4-inch thick slices
- 8 ounces portobella caps, halved and cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-wide strips
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh jalapeno peppers
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- Trim mushrooms; halve portabellas; slice white and portabella
mushrooms in 1/4-inch thick slices.
- In a large skillet, sprinkle salt; heat over high heat until
hot, about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and garlic. Cook and stir until mushrooms are
tender, about 3 minutes; remove to bowl. Add oil, onion and red pepper. Cook and stir until tender,
about 5 minutes.
- Return mushrooms to skillet; stir in jalapeno peppers and, if
desired, 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro; heat until hot. Spoon an equal amount into the center of each
tortilla; fold bottom and sides over the filling.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa, lime wedges and additional finely
chopped jalapenos, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings
Per serving: 293 cal, 11 g pro, 49 g carbo, 9 g fat, 739 mg sodium
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.