- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 3 x 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 2 green or red bell peppers, sliced
- 4 flour tortillas
- Mince garlic and cilantro in the food processor; add lime juice,
oregano, cumin, salt and cayenne. Toss with the pork.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high.
Add the pork and cook, stirring, 5 minutes, or until light pink in the center. Remove from pan.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet and heat.
Add the onion and peppers and cook, stirring, 5 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Add the meat back to
the pan, stir thoroughly and remove from heat.
- Heat tortillas according to package instructions. Place the
pork mixture in a strip down the center of each tortilla and roll the tortillas to enclose the filling.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional analysis for each serving: 448 calories, 31
g protein, 40 g carbohydrates, 8 g fiber, 15 g fat, 3 g saturated
fat, 455 mg sodium