Salsa Steak Fajitas
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup salsa of your choice (fire-roasted salsa is best)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro for garnish
- In a small mixing bowl, combine salsa, garlic, lime juice, salt
- Place flank steak in a 4-quart crock pot, and pour sauce over
steak, making sure to coat steak well. Add bell peppers and
onion. Cover and cook on LOW heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or
on HIGH heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove steak and vegetables from juice and let steak stand 10
minutes before slicing. Slice steak thinly across grain of meat.
- Serve with peppers and onion. Garnish with fresh cilantro. Pass
warm flour tortillas, rice and beans.
Yield: 6 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Southwestern Fajita Recipes