Sheet Pan Mushroom Fajitas
Sheet Pan Mushroom Fajitas are a Mexican-inspired one-pan meal that’s simple, delicious,
and nutritious for the entire family to enjoy. Portobello mushrooms offer the perfect meaty bite
for a plant-forward healthy dinner.
- 2 medium yellow and/or red onions, sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 large bell peppers, sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 large portobello mushroom caps, sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 6 (6-inch) whole wheat or corn tortillas
- Optional toppings: avocado, salsa, hot sauce, shredded lettuce and/or cabbage, chopped tomatoes
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large 18- x 13-inch baking sheet
with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl toss together onions, peppers, and mushrooms with oil
and spices. Distribute on the large baking sheet. Roast for 25 minutes,
tossing halfway through, until veggies are soft to fork and slightly browned at the edges.
- Heat tortillas in a hot pan over medium heat, if desired. Divide the
portobello mushroom fajita mixture into 6 tortillas. Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve with salsa, avocado, shredded cheese, shredded cabbage, and a squeeze
Total Time: 30 min | Yield: 6 fajitas
Author: Chelsey Amer, MS, RD
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
The Mushroom Council
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.