Shrimp and Bell Pepper Fajitas
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro, divided
- 8 flour tortillas
- Sour cream and salsa (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, 1 tablespoon each oil and lime
juice, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, cumin
and chili powder. Stir to coat shrimp.
- Heat remaining oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high
heat and cook onions until translucent, 5 minutes.
- Add peppers, remaining salt and pepper, stirring frequently,
5 minutes more. Stir in 2 tablespoons cilantro. Transfer to
an ovenproof bowl and keep warm in oven.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and add shrimp. Sauté until just
cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining lime juice
- To serve, wrap each tortilla around vegetables and shrimp.
with sour cream and salsa, if desired.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Nutrition facts per serving: calories: 285; total fat: 9g;
saturated fat: 1.5g; cholesterol: 93mg; sodium: 511mg; carbohydrate:
34g; fiber: 3g; protein: 17g