- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (2 pound) steak or bottom sirloin, all fat removed
- 2 cups green bell pepper, julienne
- 2 cups Spanish onion, julienne
- 2 tomatoes, each cut into 6 pieces
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's salt
- 1 lemon, cut into sixths
- 8 to 10 flour tortillas
- Combine all ingredients for marinade, stirring to dissolve garlic
- Cut meat into 1/2-inch strips, 3-inches long. Marinate in sauce,
covered, 6 to 8 hours.
- Place 1/2 oil in large pan and add sliced onions, bell peppers
and salt over medium heat. Sauté all vegetables until crisp but tender.
- Place remaining oil in cast iron skillet and sear
meat. Add tomato wedges to sauté vegetables and cook until hot.
Remove tomato wedges and cook meat. Mix well.
- Put meat and vegetables in serving dish and top with tomatoes.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.
- Serve with beans, salsa, rice, flour tortillas, etc.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.