- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (2 pound) steak or bottom sirloin, all fat removed
- 2 cups green bell pepper, julienne
- 2 cups Spanish onion, julienne
- 2 tomatoes, each cut into 6 pieces
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's salt
- 1 lemon, cut into sixths
- 8 to 10 flour tortillas
- Combine all ingredients for marinade, stirring to dissolve garlic
- Cut meat into 1/2-inch strips, 3-inches long. Marinate in sauce,
covered, 6 to 8 hours.
- Place 1/2 oil in large pan and add sliced onions, bell peppers
and salt over medium heat. Sauté all vegetables until crisp
- Place remaining oil in cast iron skillet and sear
meat. Add tomato wedges to sauté vegetables and cook until hot.
Remove tomato wedges and cook meat. Mix well.
- Put meat and vegetables in serving dish and top with tomatoes.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.
- Serve with beans, salsa, rice, flour tortillas, etc.
Other Southwestern fajita recipes you may like...
Grilled Chicken Fajitas
Verde Valley Fajitas