Tomato and Green Chile Fajitas
- 1 pound flank steak, cut into thin 1/4-inch strips
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles, drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 10 fajita size flour tortillas, warmed
- Sour cream
- Cilantro, freshly chopped
- Combine steak, drained tomatoes, chili powder, cumin and salt in
a large plastic sealable bag.
- Stir and fry half of steak mixture in 1 tablespoon hot oil. Add
1 tablespoon of oil between batches. Stir fry over medium-high heat
until steak is cooked to desired doneness. Remove from skillet.
- Add remaining oil; add peppers and onions. Stir fry until onion
is slightly golden and peppers are tender. Return steak to skillet;
heat through. Serve in warm tortillas with toppings, if desired.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.