Tomato and Green Chile Fajitas
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pound flank steak, cut into thin 1/4-inch strips
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles, drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 10 fajita size flour tortillas, warmed
- Sour cream
- Cilantro, freshly chopped
- Combine steak, drained tomatoes, chili powder, cumin and salt in
a large plastic sealable bag.
- Stir and fry half of steak mixture in 1 tablespoon hot oil. Add
1 tablespoon of oil between batches. Stir fry over medium-high heat
until steak is cooked to desired doneness. Remove from skillet.
- Add remaining oil; add peppers and onions. Stir fry until onion
is slightly golden and peppers are tender. Return steak to skillet;
heat through. Serve in warm tortillas with toppings, if desired.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Southwestern Fajita Recipes