Verde Valley Fajitas
- 1 (1 1/2 to 2 pound) skirt steak or lean flank steak, or 6 chicken breast halves, boned and skinned
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno juice (optional)
- Warm flour tortillas
- Garnishes: salsa, refried beans, guacamole, grilled sliced onions, grated cheese, chili con queso
- Remove all fat from the steak and wipe the meat with paper towels.
- Combine the marinade ingredients and mix well. Place the steak
and the marinade in a shallow dish. Let stand at cool room temperature or in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours, turning
frequently. Drain off the liquid.
- Broil over hot coals to the desired degree of doneness.
- Cut the steak diagonally in thin slices.
- Provide diners with warm tortillas, sliced steak and bowls of garnishes to make
their favorite rolled and stuffed fajitas.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.