Verde Valley Fajitas
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (1 1/2 to 2 pound) skirt steak or lean flank steak, or 6 chicken breast halves, boned and skinned
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno juice (optional)
- Warm flour tortillas
- Garnishes: salsa, refried beans, guacamole, grilled sliced onions, grated cheese, chili con queso
- Remove all fat from the steak and wipe the meat with paper towels.
- Combine the marinade ingredients and mix well. Place the steak
and the marinade in a shallow dish. Let stand at cool room temperature
or in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours, turning frequently.
Drain off the liquid.
- Broil over hot coals to the desired degree of doneness.
- Cut the steak diagonally in thin slices.
- Provide diners with warm tortillas, sliced steak and bowls of
garnishes to make their favorite rolled and stuffed fajitas.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Southwestern Fajita Recipes