Crabmeat Stuffed Poblano Relleno
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 pound crabmeat
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped fine
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaf only, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Peppers: Roast poblanos over gas flame (or wood fire) until skin is blistered.
Transfer to a plastic bag and seal until cool.
- Rinse poblanos under running water, rubbing skin off gently. Leave
stem intact. Slit from top to bottom; remove seeds, and drain. Cover
with Marinade for 48 hours.
- Marinade: Mix all ingredients.
- Stuffing: Squeeze as much water as possible from crabmeat and combine
with remaining ingredients.
- Assembly: Remove poblanos from marinade and drain. Divide stuffing
into 4 equal portions. Cupping a poblano in your palm, stuff crabmeat
mixture inside. Transfer to a chilled plate. Garnish with whole cilantro and lime wedges.
Source: kold.com - Tucson, Arizona
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Southwestern Fish and Seafood Recipes