Crispy Corn-Coated Sand Dabs
Sand dabs are found only in the Pacific coastal waters from Alaska
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 sand dabs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- Mix cornmeal with salt and pepper. Dip fish in buttermilk, then
coat with cornmeal mixture.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1 1/2 inches
in a skillet. Heat until hot, then add fish. Cook until golden,
- Garnish with sprigs of watercress or parsley and lemon slices, if