Mexican Margarita Shrimp
Give any evening a spicy flare with with this tasty shrimp recipe. A perfect
summertime meal for family and friends. You can still eat great while being heart
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp (26 to 30 count), peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup each
lime juice, tequila and water
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cooked brown or white rice, and lime slice for garnish
- Place shrimp in a shallow, glass dish. Combine lime juice and next 5 ingredients;
add to shrimp and stir. Marinate, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from marinade, reserving marinade, and thread onto 4 (15-inch)
skewers, running skewer through each shrimp twice. Transfer marinade to a sauce
pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes; set aside.
- Coat grill rack with vegetable cooking spray.
- Place kebobs on grill rack 4 to 6 inches over medium hot coals. Grill, turning
once, just until shrimp is opaque, allowing about 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove shrimp from skewers and arrange over rice; spoon some of the marinade
over each serving. Garnish with lime slices.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information: Calories: 397; Fat: 6.44g; Protein: 36g; Sodium:
480mg; Cholesterol: 299mg
Reprinted with permission from
the National Fisheries Institute.