As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pound crabmeat, flaked
- 1/2 cup canned corn, drained
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 small red bell pepper, minced
- 1 scallion, minced
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine crab meat, corn, bread crumbs, mayonnaise,
red pepper, scallion, horseradish, salt and pepper. Mix well. Shape
one heaping tablespoon of mixture into a 1-inch round patty.
- Place cornmeal in a shallow plate. Coat patties in cornmeal.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat one tablespoon each of butter
and oil. Cook half of the crab cakes two to three minutes on each
side until golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining butter, oil and crab cakes. Serve hot.
Yield: 30 crab cakes