Oyster Casserole (Ostiones en Cazuela)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pint shucked select or large oysters, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup half-and-half, divided
- 2 cups cracker crumbs (about 20 crackers)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Lime or lemon wedges
- Mix oysters and tomatoes; arrange in ungreased 11 x 7-inch baking
dish. Pour 1/4 cup of half-and-half over mixture.
- Mix remaining ingredients except lime or lemon wedges and remaining
half-and-half; sprinkle over oysters and tomatoes. Pour remaining
half and half over crumb mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees F until light brown, about 30 minutes.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.