- 4 farm-raised catfish fillets
- 1 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 teaspoon chile powder
- 3 tablespoons Mexican lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet. Cut each
catfish fillet in half. Rinse in cold water and pat dry with paper
towels. Combine crushed tortilla chips and chile powder in a shallow
dish. Mix well.
- Combine lime juice and vegetable oil in another shallow dish. Dip
each fillet piece into lime/oil mixture and then immediately into
seasoned tortilla chip crumbs to coat. Place on prepared baking
sheet. Sprinkle fillets with any remaining crumbs and bake until
crisp and golden, about 8 to 10 minutes, depending on the size and
thickness of the fillets. The catfish should be tender when pierced
with a fork in the thickest part.
- Gently warm salsa. Spoon salsa across the center of catfish fillets.
Sprinkle with fresh cilantro, then serve.