Shrimp in Creamed Sauce
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pound medium-size shrimp
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped, peeled ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon pickling sauce from 1 can of chipotle chiles
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Clean shrimp, leaving the tip of the tail on.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven and stir fry shrimp
for 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining oil, onion and tomatoes and stir fry 2 more minutes.
- Add cream.
- Mix mayonnaise with chipotle sauce and add to cooked shrimp. Sprinkle
with cumin. Taste for seasoning.
- Serve over steamed white rice.